Engage The Vision movement is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that accomplishes the following:
- Encourages and empowers our youth through consistent weekly mentoring
- Educates and liberates, inner city boys and their families to reach their highest potential
- Builds strong, effective, self-sufficient and safe communities for everyone to be uplifted (classrooms, schools, town/state/country and globally)
- Enrich our children and our communities through an abundant outpouring of love and resources flowing from our valued network of partners
- Perpetually operate with grace, acceptance, generosity, forgiveness and love
- Respect and support each other’s individual path and identity and combining our gifts for a synergy of progressive greatness
- Establish our ETV mentorship program in as many schools around the world
- We are equal and in this together
- Provide positive relationships with caring, responsible, and professional adults
- Provide a framework for positive future growth, healthy, balanced relationships and excellent decision-making skills
- Help develop effective problem solving skills, crisis management abilities and effective communications skills
- Help an individual develop and execute in excellence his/her own vision for the future
- Encourage individuals to develop their skills, abilities and talents to their fullest potential
- Help students understand the importance of “legacy”, and create opportunities for them pass on the knowledge and wisdom they receive to their cohorts and the next generation
- The provision of physical education, nutritional, martial arts, yoga, sports training and other body health conscious classes that aid in the reduction of child and adult obesity in the United States
Meet our devoted and passionate ETV leadership team!
President | Co-Founder
Born in Misowa, Japan, Vince Allen is a film, TV, and commercial content producer, as well as a community leader and co-founder of the non-profit organization, ETV. Vince is currently producing “Welcome Home,” a brand new TV series airing on The CW Network every Saturday and Sunday. In this program, his hosts provide fully-furnished, custom-designed homes to families transitioning out of homeless shelters. Vince is the founder of the full-service production company Invincible Group Productions and a proud member of the Producers Guild of America.
Living by the concept of Tikkun Olam, to repair the world, Dr. Sharon Elefant’s priority is to promote and enhance community health, social services and social justice in local, regional, and international communities. Dr. Elefant serves various nonprofit organizations to help them develop strategic plans for fund development, community engagement and private and governmental relationship development. As a consultant to the nonprofit community, Dr. Elefant’s passion is to serve our youth and provide them with educational opportunities through academics and athletics to help them succeed and grow.
Liana has always lived by the idea of taking the road less traveled. She had no clue what an adventure it would be when she interned for Engage the Vision in Los Angeles during the Summer of 2019. Now back at college and preparing to graduate with her bachelor’s degrees in Film and Communications in May 2020, Liana has continued to assist ETV with social media and creative writing. She was so inspired by the love and dedication expressed by Co-Founder and President Vince Allen, Executive Director Dr. Sharon Elefant, and various mentors that she decided to continue working for ETV. The welcoming energy of ETV made Liana feel right at home in a new state. This organization helped Liana grow in confidence and skill of her creative abilities. Liana looks forward to rejoining the ETV team when she graduates.
STEVEN CAPLE, JR.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER | MENTOR
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Steven Caple, Jr. is a USC School of Cinematic Arts graduate and writer-director. He premiered his feature film, "The Land" at Sundance 2016 and later in theaters where proceeds were donated to ETV. He is now penning an Emmett Till show at HBO, produced by Jay-Z, Will Smith and Aaron Kaplan. His directing credits include "Grown-sh," Creed II and a Netflix docuseries.
IVANN ANDRÈS ACUNA
"ASK MASTER" | MENTOR
Ivann Andrès Acuña is an artist, mentor, and entrepreneur. He is a proud first-generation Mexican American who was born in Chicago, Illinois and resides in LA where he does acting for theater, film, and television. He is the operations manager for the “ Engage The Vision” mentorship program. A non-profit organization whose mission is to enrich and empower at-risk inner-city youths through weekly mentoring. Ivann has a Degree in Hospitality Management from the Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago. He loves his family and enjoys sports, traveling, food, and working with children.
ADVOCACY | COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DIR. | MENTOR
Born in Long Beach CA, Cottrell was scouted to model at the age of 18 and soon after transitioned into taking theater in college. He quickly became what he likes to call a "Collaborator", bringing other actor friends together, writing and producing content, like sketches, short films and other creative projects. He shares his talents, crafting each skill while able to juggle genres, from drama to comedy. His portrayal of the character "Brandon" in Grimshaw earned him a article in LA Confidential Magazine as "a young actor to watch out for." And he recently guest starred on the television shows Powerless (NBC) and Criminal Minds (CBS). He's currently working on the show American Soul (BET), slated to come out in January 2019.
COREY EMANUEL, Ph.D.(c)
DIRECTOR OF CONTENT & MEDIA | MENTOR
Corey Emanuel is a Los Angeles based producer, thought influencer and scholar. In 2012, Corey published his first children’s book entitled, Can I Be President, Too?, paying homage to former US President, Barack Obama. With the success of his first book, Corey began speaking to at-risk youth across the country and decided to return to school and begin his PhD in Media Psychology, an emerging field that seeks ways to leverage media, technology, and a deep understanding of human behavior to aid in social issues. Corey is the creator and host of the digital series, Lend Me Your Lens, profiling creatives of color, and is a member of the Television Academy.
SPECIAL AMBASSADOR | MENTOR
At the age of six years old, Kamil started acting and by the age of eight he attended auditions for the Youth Ensemble of Atlanta's theatrical season. Kamil has appeared in several movies such as Grown Ups 2 and has worked alongside Zendaya in the Disney show, KC Undercover.
MEDITATION FACILITATOR | MENTOR
Born and raised in Hyattsville, MD, Chris Cotton always had a keen awareness of discovery and adventure. Now 31, he’s taken his sense of discovery to Los Angeles, CA to find his calling in the creative & healing arts. As a photographer, graphic designer & director his portfolio developed in curating the best out of models and the fashion oriented shows involved. At the end of 2015, he released his first publication, Receive this Moment: The Gift that Keeps on Giving. Now currently, he devotes his time as the Marketing Leader at OneChurchLA & is developing a meditative therapy called Vision Check-Ups to help facilitate the renewal of mind, body & spirit for those visionaries at heart.
ADVOCACY | MENTOR
ADVOCACY | MENTOR
Zela Davis, Elementary School
Engage The Vision meets every Friday at 1:00p at:
Zela Davis Elementary School
13435 Yukon Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250